Monthly Archives: March 2022
What Is Autism
Communication and behavior issues are two of the many manifestations of autism, which is also known as autism spectrum disorder (ASD). Symptoms and abilities might vary widely. ASD can range from a slight issue to a full-blown impairment that requires 24-hour care in a dedicated institution.
Autism sufferers have difficulty communicating. They have a hard time empathizing with the emotions and thoughts of others. Their ability to communicate through verbal or nonverbal ways is compromised as a result so they need an autism speech therapist Gold Coast.
Autism leads to learning deficiencies. They may have varying levels of proficiency. They might, for example, have a hard time talking, yet excel at art, music, mathematics, or memory. As a result, individuals may perform particularly well on assessments that require them to analyses or solve problems.
Autism is currently being discovered in an unprecedented number of youngsters. However, the newest statistics may be higher due to changes in how the disease is identified, rather than an increase in the number of children affected.
What Symptoms Are Typical in Autism?
Before going for the autism speech therapist it is important to know that Autism is frequently accompanied by the following signs and symptoms:
- Eye contact that isn’t maintained
- Intense interest in a small number of subjects
- Repetition, rocking back and forth, and flipping a lever are all examples of repetitive behavior.
- Sensitivity to things that most people take for granted, such as noises, scents, and sights.
- avoiding other people’s gaze or ear
- When something is pointed out to you, you do not look at it.
- Refusing to be hugged or held
- Speech, gestures, facial expressions, or tone of voice are difficult to interpret or use.
- Sing-song, flat, or robotic-sounding speech
- Having a hard time adapting to new routines
- As a result of their autism, some children may also suffer from seizures. These may not begin until the teen years.
What Are the Factors Contributing to Autism Spectrum Disorder?
The exact cause of autism is unknown. It might be caused by a malfunction in the areas of your brain that handle language and sensory data. Boys are four times more likely to be diagnosed with autism than females. It may happen to anybody, regardless of color, nationality, or socioeconomic status. Family income, lifestyle, and educational attainment have little bearing on a child’s likelihood of developing autism. Some risk factors do exist, though.
- Certain gene combinations may raise a child’s chance of autism, which is why the disorder tends to run in families.
- Autism is more common in children whose parents are older.
- Autistic children are more likely to be born to pregnant mothers who have used particular medicines or chemicals. Maternal problems like diabetes and obesity, are also associated with an increased risk. The metabolic disease PKU, caused by the lack of an enzyme, and the rubella virus have been associated to autism in studies (German measles).
- Autism has never been linked to vaccines.
For more information please visit: https://learnandgrowtherapy.com.au